Those that know me personally are aware that I spend a lot of time thinking about points and miles. It’s a big passion of mine, and has given me the opportunity to travel to places on the cheap and in luxury that I could never otherwise afford. I could spend hours reading blogs and forums to uncover secrets of frequent flyer programs and the best ways to get value from them.
However, I know I’m not like most people.
Regardless, I’m a firm believer that anyone can get value from points and miles, whether you travel frequently or infrequently, internationally or domestically. I also believe that it’s possible to debunk the confusion and mystique of points and miles so that anyone can understand, and, more importantly, benefit from them.
That’s why I’m kicking off a new series on TravelWithElbie, focusing on my most flown airline – Delta. The airline’s SkyMiles program can be confusing at first, but once you know some basic terms and concepts, you can find great value in a variety of ways, and I aim to lay those concepts out here.
A few topics that will be discussed include:
- What is a SkyMile, and how do I get started?
- How do I earn miles flying?
- How do I earn miles without flying?
- How do I earn miles with credit cards?
- How do I use SkyMiles for free flights?
- Can I use SkyMiles to upgrade a flight, and is it always a good idea?
- What are some other ways I can use SkyMiles?
- How are SkyMiles different from Medallion Miles?
- What is the Medallion program?
- What status should I aim for with the Medallion program?
To make sure you don’t miss out on any posts, subscribe to my email newsletter here, or follow me on Facebook and Instagram! Also, be sure to comment below if you have questions that you’d like me to answer!